The following rules apply:
- I reserve the right to remove or refactor links.
- I reserve the right to place any individual on pre-moderation, meaning your comment does not go up until my response is ready.
- I reserve the right to elide, redact, remove or otherwise nuke repetitive text, spam, lengthy diatribes and long quotes from cranks. I will indicate where this has been done.
- I reserve the right not to publish anything that adds nothing to the debate. I will usually indicate where this has been done.
- I reserve the right of mockery.
- I reserve the right to format insane comments in green Comic Sans, in line with British usage.
- I reserve the right to have the last word.
- I reserve the right to close comments for any particular topic.
The last word goes to Prof. Brian Cox:
The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it. The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!